Race report – Club Race at Lake Canobolas 05 Feb
Race report 05 Feb 17 – club race – Lake Canobolas
Another fine morning greeted triathletes to Lake Canobolas for the second race of 2017. Great to see 90 participants across our six races. Kinross Wolaroi brought across almost 20 high schoolers, plus families now returned from school holidays.
We always welcome interclub friends – well done to triathletes from Cowra and Bathurst clubs, and a big shout out to our first timers Joanne Smith, Nicola Harbison and Carolyn Egan on the Enticer, Kristy Blakeley on the Short External and Amber Mastranger on the Short Internal. I’m sure I’ve missed some, including the high schoolers new to the sport. Well done Lara Hawker who came off her bike on an uphill section in the Enticer, dusted herself off and after a check from St John’s, went on to run and finish the race. And two of our experienced Piranhas took tumbles on the run – both may have dropped a little bit of bark and a little bit of pride.
Thank you to all the volunteers who combined so well in set up and during the races to make a safe event – and all those hands at the end ensured we were finished by 1040 and shed locked up at 1101. Courtney from Orange Physio was popular with the post race massage – thank you Orange Physio. We also appreciate the support today from St John’s Ambulance and the bush nipper team led by Paul Ryan and Mark Rogers. Be on the lookout for the link shortly for quality photos from Justin Stent @ Stent Event Photography.
Results will be posted separately.
There were a few items of lost property – pls contact our Treasurer Megan Goodwin on 0403 200 342 to collect. She’ll return anything unclaimed to the shed in about a fortnight.
What’s next – lots to come!
- Sun 12 Feb – Mudgee for round 4 of Central West Interclub. Let’s send good Piranha numbers to defend our Interclub title
- Wed 15 Feb – 3rd and final open water swim @ Gosling Creek – we had 60 at #2, let’s see how many we get for #3 – from 5:30pm
- Sun 19 Feb and Sun 05 Mar @ Gosling Creek from 0800 – training sessions in preparation for Club Champs – more info to come (for those not at Husky or Newcrest)
- Sun 12 Mar – Cowra for round 5 of Central West Interclub – final round.
- Sat 18 Mar – Tri NSW Club Champs @ Gosling Creek – register through Active or if you can’t race, sign up through Active to volunteer and get crucial points for our tilt at Division 2!
- Sun 26 Mar – Orange Club Open (previously called Club Champs)
- Sat / Sun 01/02 Apr – Relay for Life @ Waratah Sports Ground from 1:45pm. In its 15th year – check all the details at https://www.cancercouncil.com.au/event/orange-district-relay-for-life-2017/BbwTrD16RZZ4MEgG.03