Survey results – plans begin for season 17/18
We had a whopping 52 responses to our survey and this is an initial summary of insights / recommendations from these:
- We should have roughly same number of events next season
- If people don’t race, mainly due competing family / work, and then it is due competing triathlons – it is a crowded calendar!
- Race day schedule has overwhelming support ie start with Sprint, finish with Midget
- Race day experience overall is good, and room still to improve
- Gosling Creek aquathlon series on a Fri arvo has support
- We need to be mindful of Sprint and Olympic qualifiers for Gold Coast World Age Group as we build our OCTC calendar
- Solid base of volunteers for next season, no new committee nominees, but some new names for other jobs
- Heaps of great ideas – will take some time to work through them and work out which ones we can pull off next season
- A small group will now take these survey results and plan season 17/18.
- We will be in contact in mid Sep with those who volunteered – now is the time to relax, enjoy an off season and see you again at the breaking of the ice in late Sept!
on behalf of 16/17 committee